February Memory Verse
Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
Week 1- Time
Did you know time is one of the biggest things people stress over? Time is what we want most, but what we can miss-use even more.
Read together Psalm 31:15, 139:16
Time is free but priceless.
You can’t own it but you can use it.
You can’t keep it but you can spend it.
-Commit as a family this week to share about a way you used your time wisely each day.
If we are spending our time wisely we won’t be stressed out about the time we have.
Week 2- Wasting Time
Take some time this week going over the list of some of the ways we waste time.
Talk about where you need to improve.
Week 3- Get Wisdom
How do we get wisdom? Proverbs 4:7
King Solomon, the third King of Israel, is known as the wisest man. We see his wisdom all through Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.
-A great thing to do as a family would be to read a Proverb a day.
-If God told you that you could ask for one thing, what would you ask for and why?
-We need wisdom for every part of our lives. Spend some “time” praying for each other in the areas below:
1.Relationships (friendships, family, church, work)
Week 4- Ten By 10
10.Show both boys and girls respect as equals, and love and respect yourself. Galatians 3:28, Psalm 139:13-14
9. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake. One of the best ways we learn is from making mistakes. Learn from failure and have grace for yourself. Performance and or insecurity set in if we don’t learn to handle mistakes in a healthy way. James 3:2
8. You’re not supposed to be friends with everybody but you do want to be friendly. Choose close friends wisely. 1 Cor 15:33
7. Obey Your parents. Ephesians 6:1-3. This command comes with a promise that “it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth”.
6. Your words matter. Careful how you talk to yourself and how you talk to others. Proverbs 18:21
5. Be more pleasing to God than to man. Don’t do something you aren’t supposed to do just to get kids approval. You can’t make everyone happy, and you shouldn’t make everyone mad. Galatians 1:10
4. Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t know or understand. Another important way we learn and grow is by not being afraid or shy to ask questions. Proverbs 4:6-7
3. Take care of what belongs to you and clean up after yourself. Colossians 3:23
2. Say no when you need to and stand up for what is right. Don’t be a victim if you can control it. Get help, say no and help others if you can. James 4:17